Trade association Printing Industries of the Carolinas (PICA) compiled statistics from numerous sources showing how print marketing combines with other methods such as online, to create much better results than either used alone.
- In 2010 an investment of $1 in direct marketing advertising expenditures returned, on average, $12.57 in sales. This high return on investment held up across all industries. (Chose Print/DMA, The Power of Direct Marketing)
- 79% of total nonprofit gifts come through direct mail, only 10% online. (Chose Print/Blackbaud: 2011 donorCentrics Internet & Multichannel Giving Benchmarking Report)
- 67% of online searches are driven by offline messages, with 39% of shoppers making a purchase. (iProspect Offline Channel Influence on Online Search Behavior Study 2007/Chose Print)
- 63% of consumers report that they bought something they saw in a custom publication. (Ibid/Choose Print)
- Those shoppers who receive a direct mail piece directing them to an online site spend an average 13% more than those who do not receive a printed piece. (U.S. Postal Service FY07 Catalog Whitepaper/Chose Print)
- Websites supported by catalogs yield 163% more revenue than those not supported by catalogs. (USPS, Deliver magazine, Volume 5, Issue 5, 10/09)
- 60% of merchants surveyed said that catalogs are their primary sales channel; websites came in second at 20%. (Meta Analysis of Direct Mail study, Brand Science on behalf of Royal Mail)
- Combining direct mail with other marketing activities increases campaign payback by up to 20%. (Meta Analysis of Direct Mail study, Brand Science on behalf of Royal Mail)
- Direct mail is an essential mechanism in the marketing mix for converting desire and intention into action. Consumers continue to view mail as a highly relevant and significant part of their lives. (USPS Mail and the Internet)
- A customer survey indicates an extremely high customer satisfaction rating among those clients who have used shaped mail in their most recent direct mail marketing campaigns. Shaped mail increases the response rate over “regular” direct mail by two to three times. (Thinkshapes Mail)
- 30% more dollars are spent by multimedia shoppers than single medium shoppers. (USPS Mail and the Internet White Paper)
- 41% of Americans shop using both catalogs and internet. (USPS Mail and the Internet White Paper)
Convinced yet? If you want a promotion that produces results, talk to us. We can make it happen.