Almost Everyone Wants Promotional Products
Oct 8, 2019
We’ve known it for a long time. Promotional products work. But we want to know why. Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) has done several studies over the years. The most recent surveyed over 3,000 consumers to understand what works, what doesn’t, and why. One of the key findings was that eight in 10 consumers like receiving promotional products, while seven in 10 wish they received them more often, and 96 percent want to know ahead of time when companies offer promotional products.
The survey also found that 73 percent prefer promotional products over any other form of advertising, 79 percent pass on products that are no longer valuable and 72 percent associate a correlation between the quality of the promotional products and the company’s reputation. The survey focused on 3 areas: Mindset, Motive, and Meaning.
- 80 percent like receiving promotional products
- 71 percent wish they received promotional products more often compared with 48 percent in 2009—a 23-percent increase in 10 years (2009 Consumer Study)
- 73 percent prefer promotional products over any other form of advertising (see figure 1)
- 72 percent equate the quality of a promotional product they receive with the reputation of the company that gave it to them
- 79 percent pass along promotional products after they are no longer using them
- Sustainability is key when choosing products consumers will keep
- 75 percent say promotional products are a good way to learn about new businesses in the area
- 74 percent say promotional products they receive at events make experiences more memorable
- 73 percent say promotional products are a good way to learn about upcoming sales and events
- 96 percent of consumers want to know ahead of time when companies offer promotional products
Promotional products work. Learn their five secrets here.
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
~ Theodore Roosevelt