7 Steps to a Promotional Plan
Jun 12, 2016
Successful promotion campaigns don't happen by chance. To realize goals, promotional products programs must be carefully planned, taking into consideration the audience, budget and, of course, the ultimate result to be gained. Ready to plan your next promotion? That's what APTCO is here for. Even if you deal with someone else, you and your promotional partner should discuss these seven important elements to help you plan the best promotion for reaching your objective:
- Define a specific objective. Whether the goal is to increase traffic at a tradeshow exhibit or to boost sales with current clients, the first step in any campaign is to clarify the purpose of the program.
- Determine a workable distribution plan to a targeted audience. Distribution of a promotional product is as important as the item itself. Research shows that a carefully executed distribution plan significantly increases the effectiveness of promotional products. For example, a pre-show mailing to a select audience delivers more tradeshow traffic and qualified leads than simply distributing items to passersby at the show.
- Create a central theme. Linking a recognizable logo and color to all aspects of a campaign, from promotional products to sales sheets to product packaging, helps create an instantly recognizable image.
- Develop a message to support the theme. Supporting a campaign’s theme with a message helps to solidify a company’s name, service or products in the target audience's mind. For instance, to promote its services to small businesses, a bank created the theme “Are you tired of being treated like a small fish?” and sent fish-related products to its prospects along with promotional literature.
- Select a promotional product that bears a natural relationship to your profession or communications theme. A good example is a company that developed a magic motif for its conference at Disney World. Attendees received magic-related products to tie in with the theme “Experience the magic at Disney®.”
- Don't pick an item based solely on uniqueness, price or perceived value. Don't fall prey to the latest trends or fads. The most effective promotional products are used in a cohesive, well-planned campaign.
- Use a qualified promotional products consultant. A good promotional products consultant will help you answer all of these questions as well as offer a variety of valuable services, including unique product ideas, creative distribution solutions and insight on the different imprinting methods, just to name a few. Like I said, that's what we're here for.
Did You Know?
APTCO will make sure it’s not just a product but a promotion.
“Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
~ Albert Einstein
- Audio Book Appreciation Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- National Bathroom Reading Month
- National Ice Tea Month
- National Rivers Month
- Student Safety Month
Is there just plain too much information out there?
Let us help you sort it out!